Top Tips to Cultivate a Positive Attitude
In life, there is a time and place for both negative and positive thoughts. A negative thought process will become a habit or begin to have adverse effects on you.
Believe me when I tell you that is NOT a good thing to have in your life.
You know what? It’s time for you to make an attitude change and cultivate a positive mindset.
Here are the top tips to help you cultivate a positive attitude:
1. Do NOT complain. Complaining is a very negative response to any situation that drains you of energy.
2. Express gratitude every day, even for the small things. Eventually, you will become grateful for everything.
3. Keep a list of things you have accomplished.
4. Let go of the people around you who are negative, critical, and abusive of you. They drain your energy, surround yourself with supportive, positive people.
5. Help others. You can become a volunteer occasionally.
6. Learn to meditate daily. Even a 10-minute meditation first thing in the morning will help you start your day on in the right direction.
7. Let go of envy. Envy is a very negative emotion. It eats at you, pointing to the faults we see in ourselves.
8. Be kind and smile at others.
9. Choose to be happy. Happiness is a choice. If a negative thought enters your mind, push it out quickly. Substitute a happy thought.
10. Have faith in yourself. Believe the Universe will help you.
11. Read inspiring stories and watch inspirational movies or television shows.
12. Repeat inspiring and motivating affirmations.
13. Practice mastering your thoughts. Access your subconscious mind.
Visualize what you want to happen. Release the thoughts you don’t want to happen. Cultivating a positive outlook takes conscious thought.
Be aware of your thoughts and the attitudes of those around you.
Become aware of the negative thoughts in your environment, and you’ll be able to counteract them more quickly.
Contact me if you need help with more ideas to create a positive attitude in your life.
5 Ways to Go Deeper
Now that you’ve learned how to rid yourself of the negative thoughts and build a positive outlook, you are ready to go deeper into the subconscious mind. Sounds a little like sci-fi doesn’t it?
The subconscious mind is the storehouse that holds your memories, past experiences, your deepest beliefs, and everything that has ever happened to you. It’s where automatic functions take place, like driving a car and carrying on a conversation at the same time.
You instinctively know how to drive so you can focus on your conversation.
The subconscious mind:
- Is much more powerful than your conscious mind. It makes everything you say and do a part of your self-concept. That’s why it’s important what goes into it.
- To change your outlook you have to go deeper than your conscious thoughts.
- The good news is that the subconscious mind learns through repetition. Just like learning your ABC’s when you were a child.
There are several ways you can go deeper into your subconscious.
Here are 5 different ways you can do this:
Repeat your new beliefs or thought patterns every day. Repeat inspiring words. Choose affirmations like, “I love and respect myself.” or “I attract good things into my life.” Feed your subconscious mind only with what you desire.
Meditate. Meditation allows you to go deeper into your consciousness, slowing the brain pattern down to release stress, anger, anxiety, and even alertness. With practice, you can become an observer of your thoughts. Simply allow your thoughts to flow, not reacting to any of them in any way.
Let your creative side loose. Get creative and take up some form of artistic expression like painting or drawing, sculpture or decorating. Nurturing your creativity helps you to become more authentic and tune in to your subconscious self.
Trust your instincts. Your intuition is your connection to your subconscious mind. This is your gut feeling. Positive people have a strong sense of intuition.
Reprogram your subconscious mind using hypnosis. Hypnosis is the process of relaxing your brain waves so you are open to suggestions or reprogramming. Hypnosis can help you release negative thoughts that may have been instilled into your subconscious by society, yourself or your upbringing.
Let ME get into your mind:
There are other ways to access your subconscious mind as well such as energy psychology and brainwave entrainment.
In the end, I hope you have come to the realization that despite your own efforts at changing your thoughts, you might need to access your subconscious mind and take steps to dig deeper into those negative thoughts holding you back.
So, what is holding YOU back? Are you ready to take action?
I’d be happy to help you figure out how you can stop the negativity that happens in your business so you can move forward.
Just fill out the form below and let’s set up a call so you can get off the roller coaster and move on.
How to Rid Yourself of Negative Thoughts
A positive attitude is one of the stepping-stones to success. Yes, everyone has a negative thought occasionally and you may be able to counteract it with a positive one. I use this concept all the time.
When a negative thought fills your mind, it may be time to change your mindset.
What is a Thought Process?
a thought process in which ideas (words or images) suggest other ideas in a sequence. construction, mental synthesis. the creation of a construct; the process of combining ideas into a congruous object of thought. abstract thought, logical thinking, reasoning. thinking that is coherent and logical.
But, how do you do change your negative thoughts?
Become aware of your thoughts. The trick is to take control of your thinking. Frequently ask yourself, “What am I thinking right now?” Learn to recognize your negative thinking patterns and replace them with realistic, positive alternatives.
When something negative enters your mind, immediately replace it with a positive one.
Here’s an example: “I can’t believe that jerk cut in front of me! Positive thought change: “I’m not rushed and in a hurry like that guy. He must be extremely stressed.”
Or this, negative example: “I can’t believe the poor service at this restaurant today!” “The waitress must be having a bad day because the service is usually great here.”
Read inspirational, positive quotes and articles. Read about the lives of successful and happy people.
Do the things you love. Try to do at least one thing every day that you enjoy doing.
Visualize your life, as you want it to be. Create a visual map. As negative thoughts intrude, look at your map to remind you of what you want.
Check out this fascinating article here.
In the end, everyone has a negative thought occasionally. The trick is to recognize and replace them with positive thoughts immediately so you don’t dwell on them.
Will you let me help to change your mindset? Contact me below and let’s set up a call. I’d love to help you figure out how you can change your thought process, from negative to positive.
Stop Your Negative Self-Talk
How often do you find yourself talking down or negatively to yourself? Are you even aware that you’re doing it? Many people aren’t even aware that the things they say to themselves mentally or the things they mutter under their breath are negative and actually sabotaging their progress and success. Yes, this really happens to most business owners, especially when they are first starting their business.
The first thing you need to do is to become aware that you are doing it and pay attention to when you are doing it. If you mutter things to yourself when something goes wrong, start listening to yourself. And please, don’t think your nuts just because you talk to yourself. EVERYBODY does!
It’s likely that you’re being negative. If you use phrases like, “Well, I knew that would happen,” or “Well, that’s how things go for me,” or “Why should I expect anything to be different,” or “That’s just my luck.” Then you are engaging in negative self-talk.
Things will go wrong. Of course, they will and you know they will.
Everything isn’t perfect. Well, nothing is perfect in this world, you just learn how to deal with it.
When these situations happen or arise it’s best to just move on and not even acknowledge them, especially if you can’t be positive about them. I know, it’s hard to be positive when everything seems to be going wrong. However, if you notice when one thing goes wrong, if you react negatively it will create a domino or snowball effect and the rest of the day will be the same.
If you just walk away, so to speak and not let it bother you, chances are things will start to go smoothly again.
More often than not, it’s one little minor instance that gets the ball rolling
When you mutter or think negatively about it you give power to the negative and it escalates. Instead, try having a positive thought.
Here are a couple things you can do:
- Think of something you’re grateful for. This will not only change your mood and outlook but it will change your vibration as well. When you get into a positive vibration it helps to repel the negative.
- Go for a walk, get out in nature and breathe some fresh air. This will clear your mind and help you to think better.
- Call a friend and just catch-up with their news. It will help you to forget about your problems and help you to focus on something else for a change.
Over time, negative self-talk can lead to low self-esteem, low quality of life, a bad outlook on life and everything else and can lead to health problems. It’s very rare that you see positive people suffer from the same maladies as negative people. Negative people tend to always have something wrong with them, even if it’s just minor things, and many of them spend a good deal of time going to the doctor to find out what’s wrong with them.
You hear them say things like, “Of course I’m getting a cold. I always get sick.” “There’s always something wrong with me.”
That’s not saying that positive people never get sick or have ailments, but they generally heal or recover faster, and often without going to a doctor for medication.
Start practicing positive affirmations
This won’t be easy in the beginning if you’ve been a negative thinker for any length of time, but you can start practicing when you are in a good mood. By doing this you will prepare yourself to use them when you start thinking negative or start talking down to yourself.
Pay attention to the things that make you think and feel negative. There’s often a pattern to these events. If you can start to catch these events and use your affirmations, you can ward off a full-blown negative melt-down. It may even feel unnatural at first, but once you start practicing this it will get easier.
Don’t be a Negative Nelly
You don’t have to go through life being negative. You can change this behavior. Just like any changes in behavior you make, this one will take time and can be very challenging. It is worth it in the long run.
Try it and see if you don’t start to feel better, see if people don’t respond to you better. No one wants to hang around a negative person.
If you want to be someone people consider friendly, start practicing having a better attitude and stop the negative self-talk.
Do you need help with your negative thought process? A good mentor could help you with that issue. Sign up for my Group Mentor Program and let me help you figure out how you can stop being a Negative Nelly.
Not interested in mentoring? I would still love to hear from you. Fill out the form below and I’ll be in touch.
Blogging in Your Business
I’ve heard so many people talk about writing a blog in their business. Are you doing this? If you are fantastic, if not, why aren’t you?
Don’t you know that it helps you to get your name out there online?
One of the things I love about blogging is that it allows me to write to the people I want to help the most. It’s not really hard, only if you make it so.
I bet if you try it for a few months and you’ll be hooked just like I am.
SO…with that being said…
Here are several good reasons to blog for business:
- Build Relationships– Yep and if you know anything about my business history and beliefs you’ll know that relationships are a HUGE part of my success. I have many friends in online business and I gained many of them through my blog. They started as readers, they commented and we got to know each other. One of my longest-term online friends started as a blog reader, turned into a customer and is now a dear friend who promotes my business and I promote hers.
- Build Trust– Look… if you write enough on a blog your true colors are going to shine through whether you like it or not. Your issues will show up in what you write and the energy you use to create it. Come on, don’t be scared! You’re a good person but you’re flawed. We ALL are flawed. A good blog doesn’t make you look PERFECT, it makes you look HUMAN and relatable and trustworthy. And when you are trying to sell stuff trust is good, trust is very, very good.
Here are a few more:
- Get Traffic– If you’re not using your blog to get into the search engines then you’ll miss out on people searching for you or specific things you talk about, especially if you have anything that’s any way unique. Try using Seo Books Keyword Tool. All you do is enter in a word like “business blogging” for example for this post and then incorporate some of the terms that people use to learn more about it in your post.
- Save Time– So you should also have an email list, right? If you do you’ll know that creating content for an email list AND a blog can be time-consuming. I use Mailerlite to create my email list and it’s free for up to 1,000 subscribers. It’s a great way to get your content out there.
- Creates Opportunity– Not everyone of influence who might want to partner with you is going to take the time to sign up for your list or buy your products BUT if you have a blog they can easily see what you’re about by reading through your public content. You just might start seeing a heck of a lot more offers for interviews, partnerships and more because of your blog. Definitely a win-win!
Blog writing is not dead.
And it has never been, never will be! Interested in blogging I recommend you go for it! Really!
Find out if you like it or hate it. You’ll only know for sure if you try it.
Need some help figuring it all out? Fill out this form because I can certainly help you make some decision on HOW, WHAT, and all the DETAILS!
Get my FREE Content Planner Here.
Come on it’s easy…