Stop Your Negative Self-Talk
How often do you find yourself talking down or negatively to yourself? Are you even aware that you’re doing it? Many people aren’t even aware that the things they say to themselves mentally or the things they mutter under their breath are negative and actually sabotaging their progress and success. Yes, this really happens to most business owners, especially when they are first starting their business.
The first thing you need to do is to become aware that you are doing it and pay attention to when you are doing it. If you mutter things to yourself when something goes wrong, start listening to yourself. And please, don’t think your nuts just because you talk to yourself. EVERYBODY does!
It’s likely that you’re being negative. If you use phrases like, “Well, I knew that would happen,” or “Well, that’s how things go for me,” or “Why should I expect anything to be different,” or “That’s just my luck.” Then you are engaging in negative self-talk.
Things will go wrong. Of course, they will and you know they will.
Everything isn’t perfect. Well, nothing is perfect in this world, you just learn how to deal with it.
When these situations happen or arise it’s best to just move on and not even acknowledge them, especially if you can’t be positive about them. I know, it’s hard to be positive when everything seems to be going wrong. However, if you notice when one thing goes wrong, if you react negatively it will create a domino or snowball effect and the rest of the day will be the same.
If you just walk away, so to speak and not let it bother you, chances are things will start to go smoothly again.
More often than not, it’s one little minor instance that gets the ball rolling
When you mutter or think negatively about it you give power to the negative and it escalates. Instead, try having a positive thought.
Here are a couple things you can do:
- Think of something you’re grateful for. This will not only change your mood and outlook but it will change your vibration as well. When you get into a positive vibration it helps to repel the negative.
- Go for a walk, get out in nature and breathe some fresh air. This will clear your mind and help you to think better.
- Call a friend and just catch-up with their news. It will help you to forget about your problems and help you to focus on something else for a change.
Over time, negative self-talk can lead to low self-esteem, low quality of life, a bad outlook on life and everything else and can lead to health problems. It’s very rare that you see positive people suffer from the same maladies as negative people. Negative people tend to always have something wrong with them, even if it’s just minor things, and many of them spend a good deal of time going to the doctor to find out what’s wrong with them.
You hear them say things like, “Of course I’m getting a cold. I always get sick.” “There’s always something wrong with me.”
That’s not saying that positive people never get sick or have ailments, but they generally heal or recover faster, and often without going to a doctor for medication.
Start practicing positive affirmations
This won’t be easy in the beginning if you’ve been a negative thinker for any length of time, but you can start practicing when you are in a good mood. By doing this you will prepare yourself to use them when you start thinking negative or start talking down to yourself.
Pay attention to the things that make you think and feel negative. There’s often a pattern to these events. If you can start to catch these events and use your affirmations, you can ward off a full-blown negative melt-down. It may even feel unnatural at first, but once you start practicing this it will get easier.
Don’t be a Negative Nelly
You don’t have to go through life being negative. You can change this behavior. Just like any changes in behavior you make, this one will take time and can be very challenging. It is worth it in the long run.
Try it and see if you don’t start to feel better, see if people don’t respond to you better. No one wants to hang around a negative person.
If you want to be someone people consider friendly, start practicing having a better attitude and stop the negative self-talk.
Do you need help with your negative thought process? A good mentor could help you with that issue. Sign up for my Group Mentor Program and let me help you figure out how you can stop being a Negative Nelly.
Not interested in mentoring? I would still love to hear from you. Fill out the form below and I’ll be in touch.
Blogging in Your Business
I’ve heard so many people talk about writing a blog in their business. Are you doing this? If you are fantastic, if not, why aren’t you?
Don’t you know that it helps you to get your name out there online?
One of the things I love about blogging is that it allows me to write to the people I want to help the most. It’s not really hard, only if you make it so.
I bet if you try it for a few months and you’ll be hooked just like I am.
SO…with that being said…
Here are several good reasons to blog for business:
- Build Relationships– Yep and if you know anything about my business history and beliefs you’ll know that relationships are a HUGE part of my success. I have many friends in online business and I gained many of them through my blog. They started as readers, they commented and we got to know each other. One of my longest-term online friends started as a blog reader, turned into a customer and is now a dear friend who promotes my business and I promote hers.
- Build Trust– Look… if you write enough on a blog your true colors are going to shine through whether you like it or not. Your issues will show up in what you write and the energy you use to create it. Come on, don’t be scared! You’re a good person but you’re flawed. We ALL are flawed. A good blog doesn’t make you look PERFECT, it makes you look HUMAN and relatable and trustworthy. And when you are trying to sell stuff trust is good, trust is very, very good.
Here are a few more:
- Get Traffic– If you’re not using your blog to get into the search engines then you’ll miss out on people searching for you or specific things you talk about, especially if you have anything that’s any way unique. Try using Seo Books Keyword Tool. All you do is enter in a word like “business blogging” for example for this post and then incorporate some of the terms that people use to learn more about it in your post.
- Save Time– So you should also have an email list, right? If you do you’ll know that creating content for an email list AND a blog can be time-consuming. I use Mailerlite to create my email list and it’s free for up to 1,000 subscribers. It’s a great way to get your content out there.
- Creates Opportunity– Not everyone of influence who might want to partner with you is going to take the time to sign up for your list or buy your products BUT if you have a blog they can easily see what you’re about by reading through your public content. You just might start seeing a heck of a lot more offers for interviews, partnerships and more because of your blog. Definitely a win-win!
Blog writing is not dead.
And it has never been, never will be! Interested in blogging I recommend you go for it! Really!
Find out if you like it or hate it. You’ll only know for sure if you try it.
Need some help figuring it all out? Fill out this form because I can certainly help you make some decision on HOW, WHAT, and all the DETAILS!
Get my FREE Content Planner Here.
Come on it’s easy…
Focus On Your Strengths
Focus, say what??? So are you being pulled in 25 different directions? Forget about all of the different directions life is pulling you in. Today we’re just talking about the directions we’re pulled in as business owners.
We have to know the legal, business, social media, marketing, PR, accounting side of things, not to mention what we need to know about our own business. It gets really overwhelming. But when you’re doing “all of the things” are you going to focus on your strengths or the things that make you uncomfortable?
All the advice in the world
All the while, we’re getting advice like “you have to go LIVE on Facebook” or “host webinars!” or “you have to post on Instagram at least __x per day!” I see so many posts, webinars, and courses touting some definitive all-or-nothing approach to business.
Like if you don’t do this one exact thing, there’s no way you’ll succeed. Ha…is that what you want for YOUR business? It’s not what I want for mine!
Do you ever see something online — some statement or recommendation about the way you have to grow your business — and think “yuck! That really doesn’t speak to me.” Listen to your gut.
Maybe we don’t like Facebook or we’re not too thrilled about public speaking. Maybe we do much better with people in person than we do online, or vice versa.
But what if we focused on our strengths and exploited the crap out of them instead of forcing ourselves to do things in our business that don’t feel right? Don’t get me wrong here.
There’s plenty we have to do in business.
Not many people like legal or accounting — but we all know it’s a required part of being an entrepreneur (sorry!).
But I’m not talking about not liking some of the tougher areas of being an entrepreneur. I’m talking about instead of doing things that don’t feel right or good to you, playing up your strengths. Playing up your strengths when it comes to marketing and finding new clients, giving presentations, or hosting giveaways.
What to do
Not a super techie person? Either hire out someone to build out your sales page when you can or focus on in-person marketing until you get more comfortable.
You don’t need to force something just because “everyone else” is doing it. Trust me — plenty of people have no idea this “online business” world exists, and they’re doing just fine.
Definition of focus plural foci play \ˈfō-ˌsī also -ˌkī\ also focuses 1 a : a center of activity, attraction, or attention the focus of the meeting was drug abuse put immigration into focus as a hot topic for commentators b : a point of concentration 2 : directed attention : emphasis The focus is on helping the homeless. 3 a : direction 6c the team lost focus b : a state or condition permitting clear perception or understanding tried to bring the issues into focus c : adjustment for distinct vision; also : the area that may be seen distinctly or resolved into a clear image d : focal length
Starting out in business
When I started my business, I felt like I needed to fit a certain mold I saw online in order to be successful. Post tons of pictures on Instagram of my perfectly arranged food, work out all the time wearing the perfect clothes and have killer hair and makeup. Or I felt like I needed to use certain language to sound like I fit a niche that didn’t speak to me and my journey. And if I wasn’t doing those things, I felt like my ‘weaknesses’ were being exploited. So yes, I hear you!
But what was I doing to play up my own strengths?! What about all of the things I liked that made me confident and who I am?
Yes, the Corporate World!
I reminded myself that when I was no longer in the corporate world, that there was a reason why I started my own business. One of them being that I wanted to be truer to myself and help others. I’m not being true to myself OR helping anyone else if I’m not sharing the most authentic version of myself. Either people like me for me and need my services, or they don’t. And that’s OK! I’m not for everyone. You’re not for everyone. But you’re not appealing to everyone, you’re appealing to people who have or want the same vision as you do. Remember that!
What I felt like I should do and look like, wasn’t me. I choose comfort over style and I post pictures I want to post. Instead, my strengths are real and I love helping women take steps to grow their businesses.
So that’s the real me.
I try to write like I speak, share parts of my personality here and there, and prioritize my strengths by connecting with real people. Not “fake” people like those in our current world. I could tell you stories but…
How are you focusing on your strengths in your business? What can you do to focus more on those, and less on the things that just don’t speak to you?
Let me know in the comments below or email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you!
Are You Achieving Your Goals?
What if you could achieve your goals and attract the success you want, using your thoughts? It is possible. Along with taking action, positively imagining what you want your success to look like is the key.
“Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” ― C.G. Jung
Keeping your attitude positive, even in difficult times, is crucial to succeeding.
Here are six ways you can use positive thoughts to imagine yourself attracting success.
1. Visualize. Picture yourself achieving the success you are after. Visualize yourself in detail. For instance, if your goal is to lose x amount of weight, envision yourself putting on a pair of sexy jeans. If the goal is to sell x amount of products, picture yourself receiving paid invoices. Keep visual reminders around you.
2. Be thankful. Acknowledge three or four things you are grateful for each day. Embrace the day with the goal of being thankful. Picture in your mind how you would be grateful for your success.
3. Have a plan. Schedule each day in advance. A plan helps you see where you are going and make changes accordingly.
4. Take time to meditate or spend time in nature. Silence the noise that is around you. Sit quietly with your thoughts, removing negative noise.
5. Surround yourself with positive influences and people. Associating with positive people rubs off on you. See yourself being positive and kind.
6. Be enthusiastic and excited about your daily activities. Enthusiasm is contagious. It draws others to you. Force it when you don’t feel enthusiastic. Picture yourself being happy and excited.
You’ve got this. Use your mind’s creative visualization ability to see yourself attaining your goals and getting the success you desire.
visualisation. noun. the act or an instance of visualizing. a technique involving focusing on positive mental images in order to achieve a particular goal.
Visualize where you want to be and set your goals to get there.
Check out this Free Goals worksheet I created for you. Go ahead and download it and start filling it out.
But, if you need help creating your goals, please contact me by putting your information in the form below. I would love to help you.
10 Easy Ways to Be Happier
Here’s a quick list to help you create a more positive attitude and to be happier.
- Listen to good music. Music improves your mood and is a simple thing to do.
- Don’t watch television passively or at all.
- Be aware of negativity. Negative thoughts and feelings drain your energy.
- Make time to be alone. Sit quietly in your favorite room, in nature, or anywhere that you can be alone for at least five minutes.
- Take some time to figure out who you are or who you want to be.
- Exercise daily. Even a short walk will improve your mood.
- Have projects and goals to work toward.
- Do the things you enjoy doing. Like to crochet? Do it daily. Love to read novels? Do it for a few minutes daily. Enjoy hiking? Go ahead and take a hike.
- Ignore things that don’t make you happy.
- Just smile. Smiling will bring on a happy feeling, so even when you don’t feel like it, do it.
Cultivating happiness is one way to build your positive outlook. Every day, find ways to be happy, even if you have to force it. There you have it. You can cultivate a positive attitude. If you’ve always had a negative attitude, the tips in this guide can help you banish that negativity. Begin by becoming aware of your thoughts.
happy [hap-ee] Synonyms – Examples – Word Origin – See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com adjective, hap·pi·er, hap·pi·est. 1) delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person. 2) characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind. 3) favored by fortune; fortunate or lucky: a happy, fruitful land.
➡ When a negative thought enters, replace it with a positive one.
➡ Do things that make you happy.
➡ Meditate and visualize your way to success.
➡ Successfully changing your outlook may require digging deeper into your subconscious mind where your thoughts and actions have been recorded repeatedly.
In the end, you are the one who is in control of your thoughts. You can make the choice to be successful, have positive thoughts, and be happier. What do you think? Do you control your own thought?
Need help with changing your thought process? Contact me below and let’s set up a 15-minute FREE call to see how I can help.
YOU are NOT alone…