Top Tips to Cultivate a Positive Attitude
In life, there is a time and place for both negative and positive thoughts. A negative thought process will become a habit or begin to have adverse effects on you. Believe me when I tell you that is NOT a good thing to have in your life.
You know what? It’s time for you to make an attitude change and cultivate a positive mindset.
Here are the top tips to help you cultivate a positive attitude:
1. Do NOT complain. Complaining is a very negative response to any situation that drains you of energy.
2. Express gratitude every day, even for the small things. Eventually, you will become grateful for everything.
3. Keep a list of things you have accomplished.
4. Let go of the people around you who are negative, critical, and abusive of you. They drain your energy, surround yourself with supportive, positive people.
5. Help others. You can become a volunteer occasionally.
6. Learn to meditate daily. Even a 10-minute meditation first thing in the morning will help you start your day on in the right direction.
7. Let go of envy. Envy is a very negative emotion. It eats at you, pointing to the faults we see in ourselves.
8. Be kind and smile at others.
9. Choose to be happy. Happiness is a choice. If a negative thought enters your mind, push it out quickly. Substitute a happy thought.
10. Have faith in yourself. Believe the Universe will help you.
11. Read inspiring stories and watch inspirational movies or television shows.
12. Repeat inspiring and motivating affirmations.
13. Practice mastering your thoughts. Access your subconscious mind.
Visualize what you want to happen. Release the thoughts you don’t want to happen. Cultivating a positive outlook takes conscious thought.
Be aware of your thoughts and the attitudes of those around you.
Become aware of the negative thoughts in your environment, and you’ll be able to counteract them more quickly.
Contact me if you need help with more ideas to create a positive attitude in your life.
5 Ways to Go Deeper
Now that you’ve learned how to rid yourself of the negative thoughts and build a positive outlook, you are ready to go deeper into the subconscious mind. Sounds a little like sci-fi doesn’t it?
The subconscious mind is the storehouse that holds your memories, past experiences, your deepest beliefs, and everything that has ever happened to you. It’s where automatic functions take place, like driving a car and carrying on a conversation at the same time.
You instinctively know how to drive so you can focus on your conversation.
The subconscious mind:
- Is much more powerful than your conscious mind. It makes everything you say and do a part of your self-concept. That’s why it’s important what goes into it.
- To change your outlook you have to go deeper than your conscious thoughts.
- The good news is that the subconscious mind learns through repetition. Just like learning your ABC’s when you were a child.
There are several ways you can go deeper into your subconscious.
Here are 5 different ways you can do this:
Repeat your new beliefs or thought patterns every day. Repeat inspiring words. Choose affirmations like, “I love and respect myself.” or “I attract good things into my life.” Feed your subconscious mind only with what you desire.
Meditate. Meditation allows you to go deeper into your consciousness, slowing the brain pattern down to release stress, anger, anxiety, and even alertness. With practice, you can become an observer of your thoughts. Simply allow your thoughts to flow, not reacting to any of them in any way.
Let your creative side loose. Get creative and take up some form of artistic expression like painting or drawing, sculpture or decorating. Nurturing your creativity helps you to become more authentic and tune in to your subconscious self.
Trust your instincts. Your intuition is your connection to your subconscious mind. This is your gut feeling. Positive people have a strong sense of intuition.
Reprogram your subconscious mind using hypnosis. Hypnosis is the process of relaxing your brain waves so you are open to suggestions or reprogramming. Hypnosis can help you release negative thoughts that may have been instilled into your subconscious by society, yourself or your upbringing.
Let ME get into your mind:
There are other ways to access your subconscious mind as well such as energy psychology and brainwave entrainment.
In the end, I hope you have come to the realization that despite your own efforts at changing your thoughts, you might need to access your subconscious mind and take steps to dig deeper into those negative thoughts holding you back.
So, what is holding YOU back? Are you ready to take action?
I’d be happy to help you figure out how you can stop the negativity that happens in your business so you can move forward.
Just fill out the form below and let’s set up a call so you can get off the roller coaster and move on.
How to Rid Yourself of Negative Thoughts
A positive attitude is one of the stepping-stones to success. Yes, everyone has a negative thought occasionally and you may be able to counteract it with a positive one. I use this concept all the time.
When a negative thought fills your mind, it may be time to change your mindset.
What is a Thought Process?
a thought process in which ideas (words or images) suggest other ideas in a sequence. construction, mental synthesis. the creation of a construct; the process of combining ideas into a congruous object of thought. abstract thought, logical thinking, reasoning. thinking that is coherent and logical.
But, how do you do change your negative thoughts?
Become aware of your thoughts. The trick is to take control of your thinking. Frequently ask yourself, “What am I thinking right now?” Learn to recognize your negative thinking patterns and replace them with realistic, positive alternatives.
When something negative enters your mind, immediately replace it with a positive one.
Here’s an example: “I can’t believe that jerk cut in front of me! Positive thought change: “I’m not rushed and in a hurry like that guy. He must be extremely stressed.”
Or this, negative example: “I can’t believe the poor service at this restaurant today!” “The waitress must be having a bad day because the service is usually great here.”
Read inspirational, positive quotes and articles. Read about the lives of successful and happy people.
Do the things you love. Try to do at least one thing every day that you enjoy doing.
Visualize your life, as you want it to be. Create a visual map. As negative thoughts intrude, look at your map to remind you of what you want.
Check out this fascinating article here.
In the end, everyone has a negative thought occasionally. The trick is to recognize and replace them with positive thoughts immediately so you don’t dwell on them.
Will you let me help to change your mindset? Contact me below and let’s set up a call. I’d love to help you figure out how you can change your thought process, from negative to positive.
Stop Your Negative Self-Talk
How often do you find yourself talking down or negatively to yourself? Are you even aware that you’re doing it? Many people aren’t even aware that the things they say to themselves mentally or the things they mutter under their breath are negative and actually sabotaging their progress and success. Yes, this really happens to most business owners, especially when they are first starting their business.
The first thing you need to do is to become aware that you are doing it and pay attention to when you are doing it. If you mutter things to yourself when something goes wrong, start listening to yourself. And please, don’t think your nuts just because you talk to yourself. EVERYBODY does!
It’s likely that you’re being negative. If you use phrases like, “Well, I knew that would happen,” or “Well, that’s how things go for me,” or “Why should I expect anything to be different,” or “That’s just my luck.” Then you are engaging in negative self-talk.
Things will go wrong. Of course, they will and you know they will.
Everything isn’t perfect. Well, nothing is perfect in this world, you just learn how to deal with it.
When these situations happen or arise it’s best to just move on and not even acknowledge them, especially if you can’t be positive about them. I know, it’s hard to be positive when everything seems to be going wrong. However, if you notice when one thing goes wrong, if you react negatively it will create a domino or snowball effect and the rest of the day will be the same.
If you just walk away, so to speak and not let it bother you, chances are things will start to go smoothly again.
More often than not, it’s one little minor instance that gets the ball rolling
When you mutter or think negatively about it you give power to the negative and it escalates. Instead, try having a positive thought.
Here are a couple things you can do:
- Think of something you’re grateful for. This will not only change your mood and outlook but it will change your vibration as well. When you get into a positive vibration it helps to repel the negative.
- Go for a walk, get out in nature and breathe some fresh air. This will clear your mind and help you to think better.
- Call a friend and just catch-up with their news. It will help you to forget about your problems and help you to focus on something else for a change.
Over time, negative self-talk can lead to low self-esteem, low quality of life, a bad outlook on life and everything else and can lead to health problems. It’s very rare that you see positive people suffer from the same maladies as negative people. Negative people tend to always have something wrong with them, even if it’s just minor things, and many of them spend a good deal of time going to the doctor to find out what’s wrong with them.
You hear them say things like, “Of course I’m getting a cold. I always get sick.” “There’s always something wrong with me.”
That’s not saying that positive people never get sick or have ailments, but they generally heal or recover faster, and often without going to a doctor for medication.
Start practicing positive affirmations
This won’t be easy in the beginning if you’ve been a negative thinker for any length of time, but you can start practicing when you are in a good mood. By doing this you will prepare yourself to use them when you start thinking negative or start talking down to yourself.
Pay attention to the things that make you think and feel negative. There’s often a pattern to these events. If you can start to catch these events and use your affirmations, you can ward off a full-blown negative melt-down. It may even feel unnatural at first, but once you start practicing this it will get easier.
Don’t be a Negative Nelly
You don’t have to go through life being negative. You can change this behavior. Just like any changes in behavior you make, this one will take time and can be very challenging. It is worth it in the long run.
Try it and see if you don’t start to feel better, see if people don’t respond to you better. No one wants to hang around a negative person.
If you want to be someone people consider friendly, start practicing having a better attitude and stop the negative self-talk.
Do you need help with your negative thought process? A good mentor could help you with that issue. Sign up for my Group Mentor Program and let me help you figure out how you can stop being a Negative Nelly.
Not interested in mentoring? I would still love to hear from you. Fill out the form below and I’ll be in touch.
Blogging in Your Business
I’ve heard so many people talk about writing a blog in their business. Are you doing this? If you are fantastic, if not, why aren’t you?
Don’t you know that it helps you to get your name out there online?
One of the things I love about blogging is that it allows me to write to the people I want to help the most. It’s not really hard, only if you make it so.
I bet if you try it for a few months and you’ll be hooked just like I am.
SO…with that being said…
Here are several good reasons to blog for business:
- Build Relationships– Yep and if you know anything about my business history and beliefs you’ll know that relationships are a HUGE part of my success. I have many friends in online business and I gained many of them through my blog. They started as readers, they commented and we got to know each other. One of my longest-term online friends started as a blog reader, turned into a customer and is now a dear friend who promotes my business and I promote hers.
- Build Trust– Look… if you write enough on a blog your true colors are going to shine through whether you like it or not. Your issues will show up in what you write and the energy you use to create it. Come on, don’t be scared! You’re a good person but you’re flawed. We ALL are flawed. A good blog doesn’t make you look PERFECT, it makes you look HUMAN and relatable and trustworthy. And when you are trying to sell stuff trust is good, trust is very, very good.
Here are a few more:
- Get Traffic– If you’re not using your blog to get into the search engines then you’ll miss out on people searching for you or specific things you talk about, especially if you have anything that’s any way unique. Try using Seo Books Keyword Tool. All you do is enter in a word like “business blogging” for example for this post and then incorporate some of the terms that people use to learn more about it in your post.
- Save Time– So you should also have an email list, right? If you do you’ll know that creating content for an email list AND a blog can be time-consuming. I use Mailerlite to create my email list and it’s free for up to 1,000 subscribers. It’s a great way to get your content out there.
- Creates Opportunity– Not everyone of influence who might want to partner with you is going to take the time to sign up for your list or buy your products BUT if you have a blog they can easily see what you’re about by reading through your public content. You just might start seeing a heck of a lot more offers for interviews, partnerships and more because of your blog. Definitely a win-win!
Blog writing is not dead.
And it has never been, never will be! Interested in blogging I recommend you go for it! Really!
Find out if you like it or hate it. You’ll only know for sure if you try it.
Need some help figuring it all out? Fill out the form below because I can certainly help you make some decision on HOW, WHAT and all the DETAILS!
Get my FREE Content Planner Here.
Come on it’s easy…
Focus On Your Strengths
Focus, say what??? So are you being pulled in 25 different directions? Forget about all of the different directions life is pulling you in. Today we’re just talking about the directions we’re pulled in as business owners.
We have to know the legal, business, social media, marketing, PR, accounting side of things, not to mention what we need to know about our own business. It gets really overwhelming. But when you’re doing “all of the things” are you going to focus on your strengths or the things that make you uncomfortable?
All the advice in the world
All the while, we’re getting advice like “you have to go LIVE on Facebook” or “host webinars!” or “you have to post on Instagram at least __x per day!” I see so many posts, webinars, and courses touting some definitive all-or-nothing approach to business.
Like if you don’t do this one exact thing, there’s no way you’ll succeed. Ha…is that what you want for YOUR business? It’s not what I want for mine!
Do you ever see something online — some statement or recommendation about the way you have to grow your business — and think “yuck! That really doesn’t speak to me.” Listen to your gut.
Maybe we don’t like Facebook or we’re not too thrilled about public speaking. Maybe we do much better with people in person than we do online, or vice versa.
But what if we focused on our strengths and exploited the crap out of them instead of forcing ourselves to do things in our business that don’t feel right? Don’t get me wrong here.
There’s plenty we have to do in business.
Not many people like legal or accounting — but we all know it’s a required part of being an entrepreneur (sorry!).
But I’m not talking about not liking some of the tougher areas of being an entrepreneur. I’m talking about instead of doing things that don’t feel right or good to you, playing up your strengths. Playing up your strengths when it comes to marketing and finding new clients, giving presentations, or hosting giveaways.
What to do
Not a super techie person? Either hire out someone to build out your sales page when you can or focus on in-person marketing until you get more comfortable.
You don’t need to force something just because “everyone else” is doing it. Trust me — plenty of people have no idea this “online business” world exists, and they’re doing just fine.
Definition of focus plural foci play \ˈfō-ˌsī also -ˌkī\ also focuses 1 a : a center of activity, attraction, or attention the focus of the meeting was drug abuse put immigration into focus as a hot topic for commentators b : a point of concentration 2 : directed attention : emphasis The focus is on helping the homeless. 3 a : direction 6c the team lost focus b : a state or condition permitting clear perception or understanding tried to bring the issues into focus c : adjustment for distinct vision; also : the area that may be seen distinctly or resolved into a clear image d : focal length
Starting out in business
When I started my business, I felt like I needed to fit a certain mold I saw online in order to be successful. Post tons of pictures on Instagram of my perfectly arranged food, work out all the time wearing the perfect clothes and have killer hair and makeup. Or I felt like I needed to use certain language to sound like I fit a niche that didn’t speak to me and my journey. And if I wasn’t doing those things, I felt like my ‘weaknesses’ were being exploited. So yes, I hear you!
But what was I doing to play up my own strengths?! What about all of the things I liked that made me confident and who I am?
Yes, the Corporate World!
I reminded myself that when I was no longer in the corporate world, that there was a reason why I started my own business. One of them being that I wanted to be truer to myself and help others. I’m not being true to myself OR helping anyone else if I’m not sharing the most authentic version of myself. Either people like me for me and need my services, or they don’t. And that’s OK! I’m not for everyone. You’re not for everyone. But you’re not appealing to everyone, you’re appealing to people who have or want the same vision as you do. Remember that!
What I felt like I should do and look like, wasn’t me. I choose comfort over style and I post pictures I want to post. Instead, my strengths are real and I love helping women take steps to grow their businesses.
So that’s the real me.
I try to write like I speak, share parts of my personality here and there, and prioritize my strengths by connecting with real people. Not “fake” people like those in our current world. I could tell you stories but…
How are you focusing on your strengths in your business? What can you do to focus more on those, and less on the things that just don’t speak to you?
Let me know in the comments below or email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you!